WELEAP FOR HEALTHCARE STUDENTS
Strategic Training for Future Healthcare Professionals
WeLEAP Stands for Wellness, Leadership, Ethics, Applied Economics, and Professionalism.
WeLEAP is hosted at the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine and is a free monthly program, provided by The Patient Institute, to enhance the training of future physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Why participate in WeLEAP?
- Gain the skills and tools to become an effective and caring provider while also knowing when to care for yourself
- Take advantage of the opportunity to speak with practicing physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Participate in interactive presentations from experts in the field
What topics are covered?
- Leadership & Professionalism
- Negotiation & Strategic Planning
- Health Literacy
- Quality & Safety
- Personal Business / Financial Planning
- Legal 101
- Planning an Academic Career
When is WeLEAP?
The next WeLEAP program is in development. We will provide the time and location as soon as it has been confirmed. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to be notified about updates.
How Much Does WeLEAP Cost?
As a student, by registering, you will have access to seminars assessing every aspect that a career in healthcare has to offer. The entire program is free.