For Volunteers and Interns
The Patient Institute offers volunteer opportunities for students, healthcare professionals, educators, IT enthusiasts, translators, speakers, fundraisers, administrative assistants, patients, caregivers, and others passionate about our mission.
The Patient Institute only has one rule for volunteers: You must have fun while volunteering for us!
Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page or call us at 210.862.1678 to learn more.
Our internships, available for course credit, inspire, inform, and connect the next generation of healthcare and non-profit leaders.
Our internships, whether through a school or university course/program (formal) or independent (informal) provide those interested in a career in healthcare delivery, public health, healthcare administration, nonprofit public charities, and others with real world experience. We are a small all-volunteer organization, so you will quickly become part of the team, working closely with the Executive Board and members of the Board of Directors.
- To provide the intern with an educational experience and to serve as a transition into the professional world
- To extend the intern’s knowledge and skill base and to facilitate the application of these to a real-world setting
- To provide the intern with experience with the inner-workings of a nonprofit organization
- To increase the productivity of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer competence
- Willing to help with any project no matter how large or small
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once
- A strong desire to make a difference and a passion for our mission
Questions You May Have
Want to Learn More?
For more information about volunteering or internships, please fill out the form below.